Part 1 Introduction & Why are more funds needed?
In this unit, we introduce why it’s important to fund adult learning programmes and outline what basic financing options are available.
Provide a basic overview of the global shape of adult education financing and describe why more funds are needed
- 3rd Global Report on Adult Learning and Education, UNESCO Institute of Lifelong Learning, 2016 [Key Messages and Executive Summary [Full Report] [Key Messages and Executive Summary]
- The Belém Framework for Action: harnessing the power and potential of adult learning and education for a viable future
- CONFINTEA VI Mid-term Review 2017 – The Status of Adult Learning and Education in Asia and the Pacific
- Eradicating poverty and promoting prosperity in a changing Asia-Pacific, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), the Asian Development Bank (ADB), and the UN Development Programme (UNDP)
- Rethinking Education: Towards a Global Common Good?, UNESCO, 2015
- Rethinking Education: Towards a global common good? (Video), Interviews with members of the Senior Experts’ Group and UNESCO Assistant Director-General, 2015
- Community-based lifelong learning and adult education: situations of community learning centres in 7 Asian countries