In this video, we look at how a quality adult learning facilitator approaches learning, engaging and motivating adult learners. We identify 7 key approaches for facilitators to reflect on. Note: based on research-backed developmental overviews***
- Handbook for Non-Formal Adult Education Facilitators
- Teaching Adult Learners vs. Younger Learners, Rochester Institute of Technology Web Resources
- Training Guide and Training Techniques for Facilitators in Non-Formal Education
- APPEAL Resource Pack for Literacy and Continuing Education
- Facilitator’s guide for adult and non-formal education (Arabic language only)
- Exploring different approaches to teaching adults, University of South Africa, Institute for Adult Basic Education
- Anne Katahoire, und Akpovire B. Oduaran. The psychology of adult learning in Africa. African perspectives on adult learning.