In this unit, we look at how basic literacy programmes have been implemented successfully.
Understand some of the strategies and key factors to the successful basic literacy Programmes.
- Fostering a culture of reading and writing: examples of dynamic literate environments; selected case studies, UIL 2017
- Transforming our world: literacy for sustainable development; selected case studies, UIL 2015
- Literacy in multilingual and multicultural contexts: effective approaches to adult learning and education
- Learning together across generations: guidelines for family literacy and learning programmes, UIL 2017
- Mobile phones & literacy: empowerment in women’s hands; a cross-case analysis of nine experiences, UIL 2015
- Narrowing the gender gap: empowering women through literacy programmes; selected case studies, UIL 2015
- Learning families: intergenerational approaches to literacy teaching and learning; selected case studies, UIL 2015
- Harnessing the potential of ICTs: literacy and numeracy programmes using radio, TV, mobile phones, tablets and computers; selected case studies, UIL 2016
- El Maestro en Casa (The Teacher at Home), Panama, Case Study, UIL Effective Practices Database
- Reading for a Billion: Same Language Subtitling, India, Case Study, UIL Effective Practices Database
- Educational and Social Development of Garment Factory Workers, Cambodia, Case Study, UIL Effective Practices Database
- Cambodia’s factory literacy programme: Learning while earning, UNESCO Article, May 2018
- Isirawa Language Revitalization Programme (ILRP), Indonesia, Case Study, UIL Effective Practices Database
- Promoting health and literacy for women’s empowerment, UIL 2016