In this unit, we look at how understandings of literacy have evolved, and beyond it; what kind of multiple literacies are needed for people to thrive in their communities of the future.
- Adult Literacy: Glossary, UIS
- Community-based lifelong learning and adult education: adult skills and competencies for lifelong learning, UNESCO 2016
- The Plurality of literacy and its implications for policies and programmes: position paper, UNESCO 2004
- Understanding and defining literacy, Background paper prepared for the Education for All Global Monitoring Report 2006
- Literacy Rates Continue to Rise from One Generation to the Next, UNESCO Institute for Statistics Fact Sheet No. 45, Sept 2017
- Understanding literacy: a concept paper, UNESCO 2005